Miss Nomer's Excellent Adventure

Miss Nomer's Excellent Adventure







Wednesday 15 February 2012

Yet more rose pics.

Yellow Button's first bloom lasted until this very warm afternoon when it shattered as I started picking off leaves. It has the most horrible blackspot that I have every dealt with. I'm not sure if it is a weakness with Yellow Button or if it is the result of the treatment at the hardware store. Most roses I see there (and some other nurseries) have loads of blackspot. I put it far away from the rest of my roses and I'll see how it goes. Fabulous flowers though they stayed open on the plant for well over a week.



The Alnwick Rose sprung this flower open on me today. I didn't notice it there yesterday. The petals are looking very formally arranged.
And 2 hours later she has closed up for the night!!

No comments: