Miss Nomer's Excellent Adventure

Miss Nomer's Excellent Adventure







Monday 6 February 2012

Happy flowers

Well I've had a nice weekend! Church today and some lovely rain, then a visit with a friend tonight. Yesterday I went to Bunnings to get a Weedmaster Pro thingy so that I can attempt to spray the weeds myself. Not sure if it will work well but I sure hope it does coz they really need some attention and DH is always busy working. I want to do them but it is too hard with all the bending with the other sprayer.  I got some other cleaning supplies scrubbing brushes etc and some CLR (Calcium Lime Rust) to clean the bathroom taps. It worked and finally the calcium build up is gone and they actually look totally clean, yay. This is actually a before shot but you can't really see the grime too much and I am probably not going to bother photographing them again in a hurry so in case you were curious to see the taps (and my adorable rubber ducky) here you go...




And I also got this..


which I don't need at all but I wanted it just to make me happy (after all.. those cleaning products don't exactly thrill me). It has buds about to open so it will be immediate fun! It's a Yellow Button rose by David Austin. Don't know if it will be any good but there wasn't much to choose from that looked any better so I thought I'd give it a go. I kind of regret not getting the Graham Thomas instead now but I wasn't sure where to put another climber for the moment. I really love GT bloom shape and colour but have not had great reports about repeat blooming. I don't really want just one good flush. This thing is supposed to stay smallish but not really sure how it will perform. We'll see. If it's no good I'll get rid of it. I'm trying to be cool and not stress. I could spend the same amount on coffee and not worry but for some reason I struggle with the feeling if I spend money on plants I *must* keep them.

No comments: