Miss Nomer's Excellent Adventure

Miss Nomer's Excellent Adventure







Monday 13 February 2012

The surprise rose.

I forgot to update you on what my *surprise* rose turned out to be.
Dum-dada-daaaaaaaa... 
 Fimbriata. 

I was a little bit disappointed because it grows a bit big for me to just try to squeeze it in somewhere and the blooms are very pretty but not so large and impressive in relation to the size of the bush to make it worth keeping. I have adopted it out to Mum. My parents live in a tiny town about 10-15 minutes drive from here. It is a beautiful place. They have a yard twice the size of ours with a smaller house on it and a wonderful cottage garden with all sorts of plants and veggies, flowers and roses (but no English roses dad doesn't like them). Mum has planted it, as I understand, on their border and partly on her neighbour's property (with permission) so they can both enjoy the blooms. I think it is a pretty easy-care rose that you can ignore and enjoy. 



And what's for dinner today? I often cook from scratch because I am a bit fussy about packet sauces/bases but when I find one I like I'm happy to stick with it. I love this one all it needs is 500g chicken breast, 1 leek, 3 carrots, 3 potatoes. It was really quick to put this dinner on it took about 25 mins including the clean up. I put a bit extra of everything in it except leek - I only ever buy 1 of those just for this dish. I do love leeks but I don't have many good recipes for them.
My kids extremely dislike anything that resembles a casserole and my husband is not that fussed on them but I LOVE them so too bad for them weirdos.
***Update... they have changed the sauce and watered it down. Now it is bland and terrible. I'm disappointed as this was my favourite one. I thought it was odd that the directions used to say to add half a cup of water and this time it didn't. Why do they have to keep messing with good things and mess them up?

No comments: